- to enable and run tftpd or tftp service. '-F' to ignore the Disabled key for the service.
sudo launchctl load -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/tftp.plist
- to verify it is running properly
- to add a test file into the /private/tftpboot/, which is the tftp service root directory.
date > /tmp/test1
sudo cp /tmp/test1 /private/tftpboot/
- to run tftp client program to retrieve the test file
- to serve any file via TFTP service now running on your Macbook, simply copy it to /private/tftpboot/
sudo cp file2 /private/tftpboot/
- to clean-up
- to purge files you no longer wants to serve.
sudo rm /private/tftpboot/test1
- to unload the service configuration and stop the tftpd or tftp service
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/tftp.plist
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/tftp.plist